the wrong shangri-la
5:06 PM
Friday, August 10, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
my child {kpop}
lee min woo




As I promised in my last post, I will let you peek into an extract of my diary which retells about the queer, unwise and somewhat fortunate event of my first time drinking which happenned at the beginning of the year ...

***

Saturday, January 27, 2007

I woke up feeling very unstable indeed from yesterday night's experience of sipping too much alcohol. One sip turned into two sips. Two sips turned into a few sips. A few sips made me blush furiously (in which my sunburnt face did not help in appearance-wise) and a few more sips made me tipsy. (don't worry I'm legal and that's right, I have an extremely low alcohol tolerance but then again, dad has a very, very low alcohol tolerance and neither of my parents like drinking very much).

Okay, so I promised myself to never touch a drop of alcohol. I lied.

& after all, yesterday was Australia Day - what better way to celebrate the day than turning feverish and chucking a violent pms. Lol. They say when you're drunk you are either a happy drunk or a sad drunk. I m the 3rd case. Yes, just like pms - hectic mood swings. Happy one moment. Sad and drowning in one's own misery the next. A minute later, I am "squawking" and "flapping my arms frantically" (I do not believe a word of this chicken act) as my sister (who only drank lemonade thank goodness.) Passionately enjoyed describing. And after the high comes the low. I was sobbing and crying ("wailing" as Thomas likes to put it), and murmuring my woos and woes like an old man on his death bed. Thank you to Thomas, Kenneth and Vanessa for listening to me babble on about - oh gosh - nothing, I hope. =.= (what did I rave on about yesterday night my dear friends??!! And oh dear Kenneth - I just met you...=.=") but anyway, I on the other hand believe I am the 2nd case; not the 3rd. Everyone goes up and down when it comes to being drunk. I say I m a sad drunk and had a fine time being one with Vanessa.

Perhaps it is to blame on the variety of alcohol bottles that were displayed before me. There was Rum Ron Bacardi Superior, Johnnie Walker Black Label Old Scotch Whisky, Jim Bean Kentucky Straight Boubon Whisky, 1765 Hennessy Privilege (which happened to be reserved for the "mature" and "responsible", i.e. Parents), and I cannot remember the rest (yes, there were more!! *gasps*). Needless to say, I tried all of them because I am a curious fellow... I figured out I must find a type of alcohol that I can drink without puckering up my lips in distaste. Rum is disgusting. Whisky burns. Champagne is bitter. But red wine is nice. Australia Day proved to be a day of discovery for an innocent 16-years- 24-months-old girl. I also discovered 2001 Vasarelli Vineyards Mclaren Vale Cabernet Franc red wine. It's nice but not as nice as 2005 Amberton Shiraz Rhone blends which I fortunately could take a sip of last week at my uncle's place. ^^ yeah $200 for a bottle of red wine, that's what uncle pays for. Is that expensive or is it average amount to pay for red wine? *shrugs* I don't buy alcohol. But yes, red wine is nice and that is all I can say. Rightios. ^^ but I won't be drinking it anytime soon for my headache is torturing me.

Fortunately I did not vomit. I m glad. Otherwise I would have woken up to the atrocious smell of - I can't remember what I ate yesterday - all rolled up in one mixed in stomach acid. Eurgh... ><" mum who was surprised (and unhappy) at my low alcohol tolerance was not surprised about me not vomiting. After all, at the tender age of 4 I had swallowed a whole shot of liquor instead of smelling the wine like dad wished for. HAHAHA!! Xd dad and mum loves to retell that story...(o'.'o) like yesterday night, at the age of 4, I had flushed a brilliant shade of red and later bloated with water to flush the toxins out. I shall do the same now. Bloat myself with clean fresh water. Experiencing the feeling of being drunk , I decided to do some research on how much I damaged myself from one day's worth of drinking.

And please, allow me to preach:

But really I must say, all alcohol tastes horrible. They burn your throat, squeeze the tears out of your eyes....and leave you feeling warm inside until you're a blubbering mess from being so high/low and leaving you feel very ugly. I know, no need to tell me, I can never become a wine taster.

I feel very down to earth right now...

I wish to wee wee all this alcohol away from the insides of me.

Bye bye. Off to the toilets I go. =D



...(and I choose not to hear that the alcohol has been absorbed directly into my blood stream already.)


***

and never will this sort of incident ever happen again. ever. ^^

p.s: a big shoutout to Esther and Alice; two lovely girls who i bumped into the other day and chatted away, catching up with each other about the last 6 months we hadn't seen each in. =]


cotton candy = l♥ve.

Labels: , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson