i have a date with spring
8:05 PM
Thursday, September 6, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
Beautiful girl reply {eng}
Jojo

Now, we all know that I adore gazing at the way the Japanese dress - the layering, the cosplay, the unique-ness - just different, just inspirational and unbelieveably quirky. =D Whatever it is, it's daring, it's love and it's something that I know (or feel??) I can only get away with if I was walking down the streets of Japan.



Well, Japan's 5th Fashion Week was underway in Tokyo last week with designers such as Hiroko Koshino, Cabaret Aki & Jackai Kuzu, Ryunosuke Aoyagi, Junko Koshino, Eri Utsugi and so many more strutting their ecletic and amazingly funky '08 Spring/Summer style down the catwalk. . .


Eri Utsugi for Mercibeaucoup.

I read many western reviewers saying this looked horrible and tasteless but I love it because it's very cute don't you think? lol. I have queer taste. ^^ But yes, I do love the top the model is wearing and if I could grab my hands on one , you would find me wearing it to uni everyday! The top screams SABRINA - aka ME!! =D And no wonder it screams me because "Utsugi says mercibeaucoup, is a label likely to appeal to otaku geeks (i.e ME). The designer says this season's style emphasized its nerd (i.e ME) appeal with a collection that derived from anime (i.e ME)." Yep, that's me alright. lol. ^.~




Hiroko Koshino


Hiroko Koshino .


Hiroko Koshino

The above three photos - ain't the creations by Hiroko (espeically the third outfit)so pretty? I love Hiroko Koshino. The outifts reminds me of dukes and duchesses, something oh-so-very grand and sophisticated with a twist of fairy-tale like...Surprisingly I can imagine myself wearing these two outfits out to a dinner party, that is, of course, without the cone-shaped hat and the huge lashes under my eyebags.




Takumi Hatakeyama for T·H·D La maison

Oh my gosh!! This outfit!! Oh! Oh! Oh! So ... gorgeous!! I'm lacking in words to describe this but perhaps it is because I'm bias because I happen to have a very similar shirt to the one shown in the photo above. kekeke. It's inspiration alright. Now I know what else I can wear with my top. ^^



Ryunosuke Aoyagi for YLANG YLANG

Designer Ryunosuke Aoyagi took dress styles from the 1920s and 1930s -- both classic and those modeled on influences from the likes of Schiaparelli and Man Ray -- then tweaked them off balance with a modern feel.



Cabaret Aki & Jackal Kuzu for Gut's Dynamite Cabarets

And of course, we had to have a few male models here and there ...


Cabaret Aki & Jackal Kuzu for Gut's Dynamite Cabarets

... and who dressed up as females...And how hot is that coat?


Ritsuko Kato for Ele Tra


Surprisingly I found this very simple for such a Japanese designer but I still want it anyway. Afterall, simple is best and who can resist this shade of green? I can't. I want it. =D

Naoto Hirooka for h.NAOTO

Naoto Hirooka for h.NAOTO
Hmmm...what do you think??


Mayumi Sasaki for LyricisM

Mayumi sure knows the definition of Spring, ayes?? The illusion of high tea or perhaps an English picnic followed by gypsy dancing amongst the meadow. =]

Toru Kato for Zin Kato

I really like this outfit if it was just the dress alone. I thought that the necklaces were too much and took the attention away from the dress itself. Nevertheless, I love the colour and the design imprinted on the ruffles at the bottom of the dress.



Toru Kato for Zin Kato



Keisuke Nakane for ROCKER AND HOOKER


I just had to post up this outfit. It's composed of black and white photographs if you look carefully and I thought it was so funky and edgy, don't you agree?? =p


Toshikazu Iwaya for DRESS CAMP


She's the true Snow White. =p How gorgeous is this dress??



Noriko Fukushima

Hot! Hot! HOT!!


Noriko Fukushima

Imagine walking in this down the aisle and saying "I do" to your partner. Wouldn't you feel ultra cool and fabolous in this?? Or probably not. But I love the design of the dress. And imagine those ultra long legs - no need for high heels unlike me... *sighs* ><"


Noriko Fukushima



Koichi Chida for FUR

This just screams JAP!! My sister loves the top. The outfit's hot.

Hmm...re-looking at this, I think I can wear all of these stunning clothes out onto the streets in Sydney. ^^ And my gosh - haven't I gone overboard in showing so many photos and oh, there are so many more that I would like to show you!! ^^

cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson