clueless
11:21 PM
Sunday, August 19, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"거짓말" - lies {kpop}
big bang

It's a Sunday night and what's a better way to spend a Sunday night than to plop down comfortably onto the couch and watch and squeal over cult chick-flicks such as the classic: Clueless. Remember Alicia Silverstone who played Cher, a gorgeous young blonde who had everything her way including an electronic, revolving wardrobe and a fashion coordinator packed into a computer? With the click of a mouse, inspiration would arise and the perfect outfit for the day would be picked out and worn without dressing and undressing; zipping and unzipping; pulling, tugging and flinging until the wardrobe was clean of clothes.


Oh how I wish I was Cher, that is, with an updated wardrobe...

I remember first watching this movie when I was around 9-10 years old and being fascinated by the style of the clothes. The little pleats. The intense colour. The knee high socks. The cropped tops. The chiffon shirts. Everything.


Urgh...I remember I used to love as in LOVE this black and white outfit when I was real young and my gosh, what was I thinking?


The Dr. Seuss hat with the great black bow and red rose. So funky but I would never wear it unless I was going to a costume party. But Dionne (aka Stacey Dash ) pulls it off real well, don't you think?

This outfit of Cher I just adore.



I might just wear something similar to Cher's outfit excluding the knee-high socks to uni tomorrow... =P


And of course, how could I forget this guy?? He was my primary school crush. Lol. ^.~


Of course, we now may think, was Cher and her friends "fashion forward or ensembly challenged?" Lol. But then again, we're viewing from hindsight. Nevertheless, I love it. I love the outifts. The creations .The art. Meanwhile, perhaps you, like me, is "screaming for a makeover" and perhaps Alicia Silvertone aka Cher is our "only hope". Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury to ring up Alicia Silverstone or the fashion coordinator/designer of Clueless for fashion advice. ><" *sobs* lol.


So instead, like every girl, I opt for the fashion gospel: magazines galore and my own somewhat-developing heart + intuition + experience. . . Some quick tips on how to buy and wear clothes for the clueless: Unlike Cher, everybody has gaps in their wardrobe. Eek. According to ??, a wardrobe that can provide a suitable outfit 95% of the time is a must for women or men of any age. Thus with credits to ??, I decided to copy and paste (=p) :

The basics to (reinforce) how to build a wardrobe for the fashion clueless:

  1. Create a budget based on an assessment of what you need and what you would be comfortable spending.

  2. Assess your needs. As you go about your daily and weekly routine, keep a list of the stiatuions you frequently find yourself dressing for. As you find yourself in these settings, make mental notes of how other around you are dressing and you will begin to get an idea of the level of formality required for the many situations in your life. Based on this, you can flesh out a very rough list of what type of completed outfits that you require everyday.

  3. Think about your personal style. Don't be afraid to buy fashionable items if you really like them, but don't just buy them because everyone else is. Get a feel for your own style!!

  4. Go shopping and keep your eyes open. Devote some time when you will not be tired and can be out as long as you like. Don't pressure yourself to buy. If you see something that you do not need but absolutely love, don't buy it right away. Wait overnight or two days to think about it and then you can go back and get it. Or try to develop an informed gut instinct and trust it.

  5. Ask for help and advice from staff. An objective eye can help determine if something really does fit right of if you just wish it did. But be careful of persuasive language.

  6. Keep in mind how the peices you buy will fit in with the rest of you wardrobe. Create many outfits from a few basic pieces with interchangeable items. Try to maintain an even balance of neutrals and colours

  7. Accessorise lightly.

  8. Don't forget the shoes!! A pair of shoes will define your outfit.

  9. Have fun and try new things!

And Cher will be pleased. ^^

But it's easier said than done right? I mean, I still have a pair of blue and white trunks, a fluro pink cropped jacket and a blue body-length dress that I've never worn deeply hidden in the corner of my closet. . . =.="

Lol. Oh dearest me.

***

And off-topic, I am very pleased with R.Kelly's and Usher's latest single - 'Same Girl' which I just found out they released aprox 1 month ago. Eek. How could I not have known? Regardless, I'm so happy because Usher hasn't released anything for the past 2 years and now - yaye!! You must check out the mv. It is so adorable...in a non-cute way...(o'.'o) Can't explain it properly because I don't want to spoil the mv for you...^.~




Whilst you watch, "I'm outie!" =p

cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson