my darlings
2:46 AM
Sunday, September 2, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"Black, black heart" {eng}
David Usher


Having had a few lectures concerning child neglect, child abuse, brain research and development and the like concerning human development, I have been feeling mighty guilty about my role as an older sister. Concerned with my own work, shutting myself in my own room, ignoring my sisters' tales of the day - every action has been selfish and I felt awful. ><" As a result, I decided to take my family out to Darling Harbour to catch some fresh air and to enjoy the outside world today. ^^ And afterall, it was the first day of Spring today (or should i say yesterday since its 2:30am in the morning of Sunday??). =D




I had not been to Darling Harbour in ages and when I got there, huge flashes of childhood memories came flooding into my mind. Reminscing about my childhood; of how my parents would take me out constantly and watch me run and play in my frilly dress (I had a whole wardrobe full - in bright eye-catching colours that would make the princesses and queens envy =p) , as I climbed here and there, posed for the camera, got my hands dirty and - such happy times!! And such joyous times my darling sisters had too today although they were slightly shivering under the cold wind. But the more exciting... as our hair whipped across our faces.(o'.'o) lol. She didn't mind and I'm sure you would not have minded if you could have been there with us.







As the wind had grown stronger, we decided to head off to Maritime Museum. Now, I love museums. They give me such a wonderful, intellectual (??) feeling. My younger sisters were crestfallen when I dragged them off to view the historical ships, anchors, old bathing suits, etc etc etc. I figured out since my youngest sister had been learning about different types of transport, it would be a good educational experience for her. Hahhahaha!! I'm such a nerd, I know. Because it's dark inside (in order to preserve the old artefacts from light decay??), my youngest sister was scared and lol, I'm embarassed to say so was I at some parts of the museum. Such as walking under a fake crane, seeing the clown exhibition (I absolutely hate clowns - they are so evil! Horrid things they are ><" - must the museum really show clown masks that were once at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean?? =.=") in addition to seeing and walking under this huge fish that gawked at me as I moved towards it in order to go downstairs. I know it doesn't sound very thrilling nor scary but being a very timid young (cool ^.~ ) nerd - you can't blame me, now can you?? I get intimidated and frightened so very easily. The other day, I was telling my friend of how I had been petrified at watching The Mummy for the first time in year 7 (or was it year 8?) and how I got nightmares about it (you know, from the scene where the huge sand face comes looming after Brenden Fraser??). So I guess you'll never find me EVER watching a horror/thriller movie. And trust me, I've been constantly nagged about what great movies I've missed. But if it means having to turn on every light in the house as I walk from one end of the house to another, getting creeped out whilst having a shower, tossing and turning in bed and suffocating under my bed sheets so that I am "hidden" from the evil lurking in every nook and corner - lol - you will not find me watching anything horrifically scary. . . Hahahaha!! I'm getting off track - babbling away... please excuse my nonsensical ranting. =p







lol. I'm wondering why on earth did I post up the last pic - eek - that's it, I'm going to bed to feel secure under my blankets unlike now, sitting alone in the dark with a computer screen flickering at me at 2:40am in the morning. (Dad thinks that I'm asleep now - if he knew I was awake - my gosh, everyone in the neighbourhood would be woken up. lol!! =p )

6 hours of sleep before I wake up tomorrow to make Dad breakfast for Fathers' Day. ^^

Goodnight darlings!! ^^


cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson