breathless
6:59 PM
Monday, August 27, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"Trouble sleeping" {eng}
Corrine Bailey Rae


Catching the train at 6:15am on Saturday 25th turned out to be quite a frightening experience, especially when there were only three daggy-looking men at the station and 2 loud sleazy looking men on the train carriage of mine. I've learnt not to judge a book by its cover but my paranoia gets the best of me at times. (This is one of the main reasons why you won't see me clubbing late at night ... as well as partly due to the reasons that I have a 7pm curfew and clubs start at 10-11pm...=P ). My heart had raced as though it was pumping for dear life but, no cold sweat - I had placed a mask of calmness upon my face. But I guess paranoia is a good thing for it kept my mind and body alert although at times, my eyelids felt like boulders upon my eyeballs. Lol! Please excuse my horrible expression that was. (o'.'o) lol.

So where was I planning to go at this hour and why did I have to wake up at 5:15am in the morning when it was still pitch black outside, you ask? To travel to Narrabeen and do my assessment. lol. That is, an excursion to Narrabeen (which is aproximately 1.5 hours away from where I live) with half of the students from my uni course (the other half went on Sunday) and to study the environment and do our assessment task simultaneously. LOL. Sounds riveting doesn't it?? =P However, since it was my first time going to Narrabeen, I found the trip quite interesting and exciting at the same time - filled with happy moments and some whinging here and there. ^^

Met up with friends at Central Station and we were told to take a bus to Narrabeen shops and then walk upto the beach (aprox. 480m) and we got lost. Thank goodness for Faaiza and Lauren who had bought maps and to the bus drivers who were so helpful. Eventually we found our way just in time, after the many twists and turns and panting from the long walk... the panting was me. lol. I am so unfit that it is ridiculous! eek. ><" And I found myself facing a beautiful oceanic view and for the first time in weeks, the sky was bright blue and the sun was out. ^^ It was beautiful.


With papers and pens in hand, we treaded slowly off to the rock pools to do our assignment. lol. Couldn't we just have had a splendid time by enjoying the view and basking ourselves under the sunlight (and checking any cute surfers?? ^.~) instead of writing, reading and thinking?? Dearest me. Wishful thinking that was. But it didn't turn out be so bad although Faaiza rated the day 1/10 and so did many of the other people. Lol. I would rate it 6/10. I'm very generous. =p kekeke...No, really, when you see the photos I have posted up, I hope you'll see why I liked the excursion. ^^



Things began to look more interesting when we went to the rock pools where we tried to find a method of going across the pools and study sea creatures without sliding down a rock, tripping and falling with flapping arms or drench our feet into invisble puddles. Lol! What fun you would have had if you came!! Next time, I'll take you guys with me, yehs?? =p So there we were, hopping about whilst squealing (even the boys ^.~ like Keith...kekeke) studying marine rock platform organisms such as Dicathais, Chamaesipho, Tetraclyta Rosea, Morula and lol, I see you are going blank. kekeke...Don't worry, so was I. ^^

[edit = if you cannot read the captions on the polaroids, please click on them to enlarge the polaroid to help you read. This entry, I realised is more like a photo blog. =D ]





Now, you would never find me living in the countryside because I just love the hustle and bustle of the city (did I mention the shopping??) but really, it was just so nice to take a break from city life and enjoy the nature although I'm not daring enough to enjoy nature's sea slug unlike Billy . . .


eek... Those slugs are so ugly. lol. But apparently, really smooth to touch. Regardless, we soon found ourselves studying the stratigraphy of the cliffs and sitting under the gentle sprinkle of rain for a few minutes. We were then issued laptops by our course instructors to write our assessment in groups!! Omgosh, you should have seen us!! Groups of students scattered across the beach with laptops in their hands. I would have taken a picture of this funny sight if it wasn't for my laptop as well. We were typing away frantically so that we could leave early but lol, we found ourselves staying later than timetabled. hahaha!! Nerds are cool! ^.~


Before we finished, Billy decided to cool off by diving into the ocean pool and taking a swim - in his clothes!! I so regret not taking a photo of him at that instant. I must have been too shocked. It would have been the perfect shot! ><" What a freak he was. hahahaha!! Omgosh, he took a few laps and then for the rest of the time, he was shivering. Gosh. ><" At least he didn't catch a cold, thank goodness. lol.


[edit #2- not my laptop. the instructor's laptop. lol, sadly, i don't have a laptop]

And with that, the excursion ended with Jenny #2 (I know too many Jenny's so I decided to call her Jenny #2 since this is the second Jenny that I've talked about in this post) offering Faaiza, Marie, Rahima and I a ride home. Jenny who I had just met on the excursion is the nicest lady you can ever meet. Meanwhile, a big shoutout to Keith who I had just met as well on the excursion - he is like the male version of Danmei - he is hilarious , if only I had a humour like him. He cracks me up.

Anyway, so I rode home in Jenny #2's manual where I grooved to greek music whilst Marie had translated the lyrics to me. ^^


cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson