the joy of the paper cut
5:07 PM
Thursday, December 20, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"Summer Time Love" {jpop}
Exile


The results for the HSC (High School Certificate) had came in yesterday for all the year 12 students. I completely forgot about it whilst I was deeply absorbed/concerned with my own wishes, woos and woes this year- ah yes, I had been completely ignorant of the world around me. =p Is it too late to say good luck to all those year 12 students out there in Australia? No, I don't think so. I cannot believe that it has been exactly one year since the HSC for me. What a scary and terrifying experience it was - with all the pressure from parents, teachers, friends and other family members. Every student believes that the HSC determines their future forever and I still think it does to a certain extent. And I know that the year 12 students (or should I say ex-year 12 students?) are all cheering for joy that finally and officially the HSC is over and now all they wish to receive is a form of acceptance from one university or another - waiting for the news on which course they had made it into and then decide whether they want to go onto uni straight away or perhaps, have a year off to experience other wonderful things. For those who didn't do quite as well as they expected, trust me, it's not the end of the world. There are many other methods to get into the course that you want and you'll just never know what wonders are waiting for you.

Looking back on it, I remember feeling so lost as I finally realised that I had step into an unknown world but most scariest part of it was that I figured out that I had to be mostly independent... But that's part of the process of growing up right?? ^-^ lol. Oh , wouldn't I love to be in Neverland right now - just for a little awhile. Hahaha!! =p

But best wishes to the students who will be starting a new chapter in their life and good luck to those who will be doing their HSC next year! Study hard (but make sure to relax every now and then otherwise you'll just go mental).

Speaking about studying, it may sound strange but one thing that keeps me sane and encourages me to study/work is stationery. Pretty, lovely stationery with different designs, patterns and feel. lol - I'm a visual person and I love feeling motivated to study/work when I see a pretty cover on one of my note books, organiser, and etc, etc, etc. lol - sounds superficial ayes? =p And of course, stationery keeps me organised - in a way...lol. And one brand of stationery that I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON is D-BROS. And oh! Since it's Christmas, *hint hint* lol!! ^.~

D-BROS is a Japanese company that focuses on innovative graphic design for a wide range of items such as interior decorations and of course, stationery. D-BROS's products are whimsical, visually playful and just gorgeous.

I've always loved writing letters and receiving letters. People ask me why don't I just use email - afterall, it's quicker and easier and did I mention free? lol. But I'm an old romantic and I love using different designs, seeing someone's handwriting on a piece of paper, anticipating a letter in the postbox, reading it wherever you can and whenever you want after receiving it - it's just different, don't you think? And so, I want these "Hotel Butterfly" writing pads in my letter set collection. ^-^

Meanwhile, everybody needs a 2008 Organiser and what's a better organiser than the one adorned with colourful ribbons below?

Or perhaps a 2008 Calendar will suit your home perfectly?

And omgosh, check out these "see-through" envelopes. Wouldn't I love to receive a christmas card/letter in one of these envelopes :


When you pull out the envelop out, check out what the picture on the left hand bottom corner turns into??!!


I thought I would keep to all things stationery in this post until I discovered this particular product. It's amazing. Tell me, what's better than a fragile vase that consumes a lot of storage space? A plastic vase that can be flattened when you don't want to use it and that comes in all different designs. As you can see, all you have to do is just place water inside and then add a few flowers inside. For me, I need to be situated in a great working environment to feel motivated and this object would definitely add a bit of fragrance to the air.

Okay, so a shoe/coat hanger isn't exactly a form of stationery but you would hit me if I didn't post this in my blog. It's so lovely and sweet and pink polk-a-dots are just addictive.

Those who have read my blog from beginning to end would have realised by now that I absolutely adore food and so, how can I resist these? These greeting cards that look like biscuits. Aaagh!! If someone had sent this to me in the envelope, I would of just quickly eaten the card without realising it that it was a fake biscuit - that is until I tasted the woody-ness... Aren't they so scrumptious for your eyes?

And while we're on the subject of eating - 'From your mind' notebooks would make me go insane because I know I would continously think that a real fork is attached to the side of the notebook and I would repeatedly try to grab the fork and plunge it into the piece of cake on the cover of the notebook. Whoever thought of this idea is so damn cool. The print on the side of the cover does look like real 3D fork, ayes?

There are always so many readings to do that I never ever seem to finish. Bookmarks are a necessity and although I'm not too fond of butterflies, I don't mind one that's made out of cardboard. kekeke. ^.~


And now, I'm going to take a nap. Please do not disturb. =p kekeke. Of course you can leave a message though - I would love that. =D


Hugs and kisses, Cotton Candy.

Labels: , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson