set adrift on memory bliss
6:38 PM
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"蒲公英的約定" - A date with the Dandelion {cpop}
Jay Chou

This past week has been utterly horrible, especially yesterday night, from 6:30-9:00pm where I attempted one of my final exams for uni. I say attempted because I was nearly falling asleep during that exam (why was the exam scheduled late at night?? ><") and I studied for the wrong thing. Oh!!! As Faaiza said, we studied 200% of the content but then there was there other 5% we forgot about ... does that even make sense?? Aye yi yi. *headache* But what can I do but wait for the results and please if I fail, let's all fail together(?)! kekeke. ^.~ I'm so considerate of others, ain't I? LOL. But I'll stop my whinging . . . for now. lol!! How are you dearest readers? Are you also having exams?? If so, let's do our best and good luck!! ^-^


As everyone knows, it takes so much effort to study and oh, the pain of trying to memorise everything! eek!! But during my "study period" I've been revitalised and pumped to study by listening to a few of my beloved boys: Backstreet Boys, Nsync and 5ive. Ah yes, I did get distracted for my beloved boys supplied me with sweet (and somewhat embarassing =D) memories nd lovely,mellow soothing voices. Ah yes...the love of reminscing myhopeless devotion to boybands bac in my senior primary school years: the 90s. Mmm...and I'm not afraid to say, hopeless devotion is still very strong. ^^ That is, devoted to their songs. lol. I've been pondering over what my young mind back in the 90s must have been thinking or what my heart may been beating about. I look back on my crushes with *gasp* * shock* and *laughter*. . .

Ah...I remember the good, old, simplistic days (without exams!!); a time where my pride ws non-existent. The good old times where the girls would rock to school in school uniform and we would be drooling over gorgeous boys such as the likes of Nick Carter with his famous short-blonde bob haircut that he had back in those days and his uber blue eyes in addition to his uber cute voice back then. Hahahah!! No, don't laught. I am very positive you've had litle fling with Nick in your innocent childhood dreams, of him whispering into you ear:

"...I'll be the one
Who will make all your sorrows undone
I'll be the light
When you feel like there's nowhere to run
I'll be the one to hold you
And make sure you'll be alright..."

and later giving you a warm heart-melting hug...

or

perhaps you dreamt he whispered:


"...My love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you
But love is all I have to give..."

And then he gave you a tiny little kiss on the cheek. ^.~ Hahaha!! No?? You cannot deny it - You're blushing. And you're making me blush! lol!! Aaagh...I'm so soppy and helplessly sappy!! =p lol. I remember the first time I noticed the Backstreet Boys. It was the mv to 'As long as you love me.' *screams and faints*


And how sad and shocked was I to see their newest album cover with only four members and having found out that the Kevin had left the group last year. I am so behind. How could I not have known?? hmm...


As you know, I tend to fall in love easily and my gosh, let me tell you, it was love at first sigh (yes, a sigh - a happy sigh) for me at the age of 8?9? or was it 10 years of age? Unfortuantely my love was challenged by the many girls in my classroom/grade/school. We all wanted Nick. ^.~

And then we all wanted Lance from Nsync. Wasn't he a cutie then?? Such a shame that he is only attracted to men. ><" At first I didn't know who Nsync were but like so often, I fell in love with them when I was a very small child who watched 'Video Hits' and saw their mv 'Tearing up my heart' and when they made a comeback with 'No Strings Attached' and that was it. My heart fluttered from Lance to Justin (I loved his hair back then, I have no idea why) to J.C to Justin to Lance and it continued awhile before a long, long heartbreak when Nsync disbanded and until Justin brought sexy back.

5ive then came along whilst I was in Year 5 and then there were two desired cuties: Scott and Abs. Actually, make that three. I also had fallen for Richard. lol!! xD My gosh, I can't believe I still remember their names. Oh my dear old addiction. I remember not being able to decide between the three of them becuse I though they all looked irresistibly cute back then.

And oh how embarassing to think of this - during maths when we had to play with die, my friend would grab 5 die and name each of them after the 5ive members. And she would always the dice named Scott to herself and she would always give Abs to me. lol!! xD Oh dearest! We were so fascinatd and addicted to 5ive. And to think of the time my friends and I had entered the Year 6 talent contest, performing to 'Everybody get up.' Do you remember that song? Aagh!! You would die laughing if I had recorded my performance and chucked it onto youtube. It was *Kick, kick. Clap, clap. Shake here. Shake there. Kick. Arms up. Arms down. Fling here. Fling there. Jump. Jump. Kick. Shake it mama!* hahaha! =P

Oh dearest me. Those photos above of the boys bring back so many memories. I wish poppy boybands were back. It would be wonderful, don't you think?? ^-^

Labels: , , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson