the nerd and her Superman
1:50 AM
Friday, January 4, 2008
The jukebox plays my song:
"So Close" {eng}
Jon McLaughlin
Okay, so I'm a nerd but believe me, being a nerd in a museum is amazingly fun and never ending fascinating. I have come back home not smarter and with no deeper knowledge (I'm afraid) as I have a very fague memory of the millions of facts/info that was bombarded into me today. Oh wait, there is one priceless information I had encountered today (or should I say yesterday since it's 1:50am at the moment?). And yes, this piece of information is totally relevant!! The Australian Museum says I'm 160cm tall!! YES! 160cm TALL!! (I'm still yet to confirm this with my own metre ruler but I don't want to get my bubble bursted). But damn it, 160cm tall!! I'ts not what you call tall but damn it, I'm pleased. Very pleased. =D
After the day in the museum, I am satisfied and now yearn to explore the world filled with its secrets and specialties. But then again, having been terrified of a stuffed (and somewhat petrified looking) kangaroo, huge alive stick insects jumping around in a glasshouse and discovering huge dead insects inside glass displays - I wonder whether I am able to travel the world without experiencing a heart attack or two. ><" Afterall, I jump on the couch breaking its springs simultaneously when I catch a fleeting glimpse of a skittering beetle across the tile floors of my house and my heart screams, flutters, thumps and then dies upon me at the sight of a tiny moth blindly kissing the lampshade in the lounge. I kid you not. So imagine what I would do if I sighted this 10cm-wide moth that exists somewhere in NSW - a somewhere I hope never to be situated in.
The expression goes: "Crikey! Take a look at that!" Crikey for sure. Indeed, I am feeling very grateful for not advancing into an undergraduate medicine course for I think I would faint on the first day of my lecture - Biology/Living Systems as a unit of study last year has not helped cure my fear of insects. lol. There are so many insects in this world and I wonder why God would create such horrible looking creatures. But God must have his reasons. =] Nevertheless, insects do chill me. ><" If only all the dead falcons in the museum would gobble all the insects up but then again, with no isnects to feed on, they would feed on us human beings which I bet would taste much nicer than stick-thin looking insects... lol. Meanwhile, Mum insisted upon taking these pictures of these humongous "gorgeous looking" butterflies. I'm not so sure about "gorgeous" but "humongous" yes. And trust me, this butterfly (which exists somewhere in Mexico to Northern America) is larger than the palm of my hand!! Oh how I hate butterflies. And moths. And all insects that exist on earth. lol. =p My mum felt so happy seeing these creatures with fragile wings as she says it brings back memories of how she as a child used to capture lovely looking butterflies and dangle them on a thread of string to play with. Mum!!? lol. Talk about being bored and insect cruelty. But then look at us today holding a murderous bottle of insect spray when we lay eyes on any crawling/flying creature that is prohibited from entering the house... (o'.'o) I think I have been really bad to the environment . . .

What excited me and made me squeal were the minerals' display. Why? SUPERMAN! Every fleck of crystal/mineral such as Vanadinite On Dolomite,Elbaite Tourmaline etc etc (hahaha ^^ I guess I had learnt a few things) that I had seen reminded me of the famous crystal cave hideout and Krypton. These thoughts of Superman were further embossed into my mind by sighting many people wearing the symbolic block 'S' printed on their chest (t-shirts) and by a little boy beside me who screamed Superman when he saw this "krypton" (in reality - Hematite) and started to flap his arms around.

The little boy was so adorable. It was lovely to see a boy loving to learn and of course, being excited as me. Do I sound very childish? I think I am... (o'.'o) I had been brainwashed by Superman as a child when I had fallen in love with the late Christopher Reeves and soon afterwards, brainwashed by the likes of Dean Cain and Tom Welling with their perfect worked-out body. kekeke. ^.~

Indeed, I am a nerd who loves Superman and wishes for Superman to save me from the ugly world of insects. lol. xD *dreams* That would be awesome. My sister decided my Superman could buy her all the diamonds, saphires and rubies like that of the collection displayed below:

But I'm afraid my sister has to keep on dreaming...

Well, Superman has x-ray vision (and gorgeous eyes ^^) and so do I! It was off to the skeleton display. I had decided to take a photo of a skeleton dispalyed in a very macabre and theatrical manner but I was told by mum that by taking a photo of a once-living soul, the skeleton's ghost would come alive and haunt the living daylights out of me. I'm very superstitious - I'm not sure whether it's a bad thing or not. So I had quickly deleted the photo hoping that by doing so, the soul of the skeleton would be deleted from the mysterious workings of my camera (and my life...). Little did it help by finding out that the skeleton remains were replicas made by plaster casting as displaying human skeletons in such a manner is banned. It seems that I have forgotten everything that I had studied in Ancient History back in high school...><" Regardless, I didn't want to risk taking another photograph because I knew deep down inside, my Superman would not be able to save me from the ghosts and sucking demons from my life if such a nightmare could occur.

But I wonder, would posting up a photo that I found on the net be okay?? Afterall, someone else took the photo =p ...

[edit at 7:30pm]: Oh no! I finally decided to measure myself just now. Bursted bubble. I'm drowning in my sorrow. I'm aching with ceaseless longing for a growth spurt!! I'm still 156cm.

Lots of love, Cotton Candy.

Labels: , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson