NANA
9:49 PM
Monday, October 1, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"사랑이 떠나다" - She's gone {kpop}
super junior

Once upon a time, I had fallen in love. In love with a girl. Or should I say - I had fallen in love with 2 girls who happen to look the same and have similar personalities? Let me introduce you to the 2 girls of mine:

1. Nana Osaki


2. Mika Nakashima


And I am still in love with these two girls.

Well, I guess you could say, I'm in love with the singer Mika Nakashima who plays the character: Nana Osaki in the movie - 'NANA'! xD So yes, the two above girls are the same girl. Mika=Nana. Nana = Mika. She's gorgeous, don't you think?! ^^

Mika is [quote] a japanese singer, model and actress from Japan. She dreamed of pursuing a singing career at a young age. She decided not to attend high school or college in order to pursue a music career. From the beginning, she had always used the logo of a lotus flower to represent her. One of her favorite brand of clothing is also Vivienne Westwood. With so many similar traits to Nana O, Mika was almost destined to play this role. [/quote]

She plays Nana O in the manga-adapted movie titled Nana. lol. yes I know, I've repeated it so many times... hahaha xD. but i must say: it is a must see. NANA is a must see otherwise if you go to Japan not knowing what Nana is - you will be forever lost. Because I cannot be bothered to write you a movie review of Nana( well, really, its because im not great at writing movie reviews as I'm english-retarded =.= ), I decided to quote snippets once more with credits to wiki.

[quote]

Two girls. The same age. The same name. Yet they couldn't be more different. One is a naive serial dater who always hooks up with the worst guys, the other a bitter rockette with a violent temper and a lonely past. They both move from their small-town homes to Tokyo, chasing their dreams of love, music, and self-discovery. Their fateful encounter changes their lives in ways they never imagined possible ...

Nana Osaki is a punk singer who wants to debut as soon as possible to leave her ex-boyfriend, Ren Honjo, behind. Nana and Ren were in the same group once, but Ren was offered a chance to debut in tokyo as a replacement member of TRAPNEST, a popular band. Nana had to choose between either going with Ren and being a groupie with the band, or staying with her own band. Realizing that following Ren would mean giving up her own dream to be a singer, she chose to cultivate her own band, BLACK STONES (or BLAST for short).

Nana Komatsu, the other Nana, is called Hachi by everyone in the manga after she met Nana Osaki (as explained in the manga, to avoid confusion of their names). Nana described Hachi as a little puppy, very loyal to other people but demanding so much attention. She grew up in a sheltered suburban lifestyle in which she was treated as a child for much of her life. With a habit of falling in love at first sight, Hachi has always depended on other people to help her.

Nana and Hachi meet in a train by chance and, after a string of coincidences having to do with the number seven, decide to live together in an apartment numbered 707 ("nana" is a homophone for "seven" in Japanese).

[/quote]


This movie is quite old - a year 2005 production, I think?? And since today was the last day of my holidays, I had decided to watch Nana again because I just cannot seem to get sick of it (there's also a Nana 2 but like most sequels - well...=.="). I wouldn't exactly call the movie fast paced but the music and fashion gets me so excited everytime! Must listen to Yuna Ito's (she's so gorgeous!) 'Endless Story'!! Must! When that song comes on during this scene (shown below on youtube)....aww...It's so touching! So bittersweet, with the snippet of Nana turning away from her boyfriend and jumping off the train and down onto the white, white snow; her ruby red dress contrasting against the brilliant shade of white...Oh! Please do. You must watch it and you'll see what I mean. It's a gorgeous scene with a wonderful background song! Mmm...^^ It will definetly touch your heart.

But this is beside the point. What I really want to talk about is the fashion! The fashion of Nana O. It is stunning and utterly breathtaking. Absolutely funkedelic. AAAGH!! If only I could carry off the look...(o'.'o). Hahahha!! Yeah right, let me lose 7829857kg first.






This outfit is so HAWT! Just wonderful! You can see the outfit better in the video snippet below. Check out the snippet of this performance titled "Gorgeous Sky" which is the theme song of Nana sung by Mika herself.


And do you see the ring??!! The armour ring from Vivienne Westwood. Once I become rich, this ring will be mine! I'm saving for one right now and once I go to Japan (hopefully next year - *fingers crossed*), this is the first thing that I'm going to get! Either a diamante armour ring or the plain silver version. Mmmm.... I've longed for it for over 2 years...


kekeke!! I want it so bad. =p *hint hint* lol! *wishful thinking*

Nana style = very cool.

Meanwhile, back to the music - sorry, I seem to be jumping from here and there...=.=" lol. *gasps* Yasu (played by Tomoki Maruyama), the drummer of blackstone is so hot! Although he's bold and he smokes (urgh) - he looks so hot with his black shades. That's right. I'm also in love with a bald man who wears black shades day and night. =D And oh, whilst I'm in love with 2 girls and 1 bald drummer, I might as well be in love with another man - Takumi (played by Tetsuji Tamayama): the bass player (guitarist) in Trapnest. He's so hot!


(The cast of NANA)

Hmm...I must ask my sister to teach me how to say "Can I please get your phone number" in Japanese... =p

cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , , , , , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson