bubble bath
7:52 AM
Friday, October 5, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"Take Control" {eng}
Amerie ft. Se7en



My gosh!! Don't I procrastinate a not?!! ><" Oh dearest me. Uni has started once again, having resumed on Tuesday and oh! One week of holidays is just not enough, especially when you have your two younger sisters rubbing it in your face that they currently have two weeks of holidays. Out and about they go while I painfully try to hack away my assignments: essays, portfolios, reports, practicals...la dee la dee da from early morning to late at night. So here I am typing away at 7:30am in the morning trying to get my assignments finished. But once again, I am distracted...lol. =.=" But dearest me, I should not let you readers feel this pain so I'll be quiet now. =p . . .

Clearly, I cannot keep my mouth shut. lol. =D My middle sister who is now relaxing away after her yearly exams recently bought two bathbombs - one for herself and one for me. lol!! What memories bathbombs bring! Let me procrastinate a little bit more and tell you a true story that happenned to me at the beginning of this year . . .

* * *


Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I haven't had a bath in ages. Okay, that sounded wrong. What I meant to say is, I haven’t had the pleasure of taking a bath in a bathtub for ages - that is, not since the age of 13. It's been showers everyday and I’ve accustomed myself to all body products. Shampoos, conditioners, soaps, shower gel, body wash, scrubs and exfoliators - I know them all. After all, which girl does not? But, I - a "mature female teenager" (cough cough) of 18 years is totally dumfounded upon the matter of bath bombs and bath salts. Call me stupid or as I would like to say "clueless" - what is their purpose? Lol, I have never indulged in using bath bombs or shower salts and today was my first. Are they produced and only used for the purpose of fizzing away into the water and leaving you scented?



I had the pleasure of pondering this matter over a bubble bath! A fantastic, exuberant, frothy bubble bath in a luxurious, clean, high-tech, modern bathtub with so many functions it made me feel a bit tad ancient. :p Regardless, it is a very nice bathtub! Lol. ^.~ And what is a bubble bath in a bathtub (for the first time in 5 years) without plunging in pretty and might I add expensive bath bombs and bath salts??...So I thought...lol. xD There were so many flavours and colours to choose! Strawberry, mango, grape, blueberry, white musk, moonflower, coconut...it was all you could desire all thanks (and to the expense) of my dearest and gorgeous cousin. ^^


And so I greedily desired all...so I had plunged in 3 bath bombs and sprinkled myself silly with bath salts of every colour I could lay my eyes on. For males ( I apologise for being sexist/stereotypical here) - if you do not know, bath bombs are huge! One would of ought to known one bath bomb was enough but yours truly (kekeke :p) could not resist the delight of seeing one bath bomb (smelling oh so nice! ^^) fizz rapidly away into the midsummer's cool(ing) water and colouring it.

O.m.gosh

fizz fizz.

Lol! And so, here I am, with my baby sister sitting beside me, saying I smell like bananas. So I guess: moonflower+strawberry+white dusk+ pink crystals+blue sprinkles+green spinkles+purple spinkles = banana smell.I love bananas but to be scented odoured (is there such word?) with the smell of bananas is ...off. Lol. ^^ I wonder why the colour of the water did not turn yellow. It was a lovely pale pink. :p

The feel of taking a bubble bath (with bath bombs and bath salts) is oh very pleasant and exciting but the idea of floating in your dead skin (urgh... ><") made me feel very...unpleasant and unhygenic. So I spoiled the romantic? Relaxed? Mood with a shower straight after. And yet, my sister here, still insists I smell like bananas. (o'.'o) lol. Indeed. So...the purpose of bath bombs and bath salts? Lol. I just googled it up on the net and results come up with: "bath bombs are scented ball which, when placed in a full bathtub, bubbles and fizzes, scenting and colouring the bath water. Bath bombs contain herbs and scents, used in aromatherapy, to give the same effect. Bath bombs are relaxing and therapeutic." As for bath salts - they are "added to a bath, either to improve cleaning, provide a medical improvement, or to improve the experience of bathing." So was I meant to scrub myself with bath salts...?? (o'.'o) I just dissolved them in the water...



Ooh.... Next time, I shall enjoy the bath bombs more for its "therapeutic" purposes.


Kekeke. lol. =P Nevertheless, my conclusion: bath bombs and bath salts are fun. ^^

* * *

Hahaha! I remember having written this down in my journal right after I took my bubble bath because I was just so fascinated by my first hand experience with bath bombs and bath salts. lol. =p Oh dearest me. I'm going to take another bath tonight!! ^^ I wonder whether one bath bomb will be enough??

Out of curiosity, do only females take bubble baths? (o'.'o)


cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson