fascinating creature
10:38 PM
Monday, October 8, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"Go ahead (Boyfriend)" {eng}
Min

Remember last week when I posted about Nana's love for Vivienne Westwood?? Well, now allow me to post about my love for Vivienne Westwood. She is one of the most talented designers that I know, so electic and eccentric and absolutely the edge! ^^



And so when I decided to view her Spring 2008 Ready to Wear Collection, I was feeling esctatic and really excited to see the walking wardrobe after viewing her Spring Collection last year. But alas, when I first saw the collection - I thought it is true when they say "the higher the expectations, the larger the disappointment" or something along that line. I love Vivienne Westwood but although being a fan, there are times when I think - "What was she thinking?" and "What am I thinking?"

But funny enough, when I was looking at this collection again for the fourth or fifth time - I thought again "What is she thinking?" and "What was I thinking?" I love it! I love the collection (although there are bits and pieces where it's like 'urgh' but that always happen). Vivienne Westwood is a fascinating creature and designer! ^^

And now, it's your turn. What do you think?


I just love this look. A messy yet structured blend between the formal and the ... I think I'm lost for words... but I could never wear this.


This just reminds me of the Elizabethan age. Perhaps its the hair or the lips or just the whiteness of the face. Or perhaps it's the pink dress, draped softly across the shoulders and down. However, once again, I think it would only look good if the skirt was puffed up and billowy like it is in the picture. If it was straight down and draped over the legs like a pencil skirt kinda-thing - ... I'm not too sure...maybe??


Please, I urge you - get rid of the white veil and then everything will be okay.

I thought this was really simple compared to the rest of Vivienne Westwood's outfits and it really surprised me because I always imagine her oufits to be a more rock and edge. This is so feminine and I can't stop falling in love with this simple frock.



The hat reminds me of Titanic - you know the bit where Rose steps out of the car (amazing beautiful car by the way - which I really want! =p) ? Well I really like this outfit as well. Lol. I know - I seem to be liking every outfit so far. You can't blame me. It's beautiful and this outfit just screams sophistication!


Urgh...I'm not so sure about that hair or the makeup. It's scary! ><" But it's okay, the dress makes up for it don't you think? The golden colour is gorgeous.


Gosh! When I first saw this outfit, I thought what is up with that nappy on the girl's head?? It looks horrible!

Okay, so this is another dress that I adore. How can you not? That colour, the style - it's so me minus the headgear.

Um...??? No?



I'm not sure whether this girl is walking slanted or whether her breasts are wonked - gosh, I sound absolutely wretched for saying that. (o'.'o) So...moving on, the green pattern reminded me of a mermaid and although I'm not sure whether you can really wear this out onto the street just like that, I really wanted to show this to you just because I love mermaids. not because i like the top. =p


I'm pretty sure my mum has this dress in fluro pink somewhere at the back of her wardrobe... The colour of the gloves and the dress together clash horrifically together but then again, i guess the outfit really pops and stands out in your eyes but still...


Aaagh!! I love this!! It's so hot!! If Nana was to get married, I think she would wear something like this as her wedding gown. =p Or perhaps in her concert when she's singing a love song.

Feel like jogging in this? No thanks.

I'm not too sure about the corset but I love the shirt/dress?? Well, I guess you can say I love the print and the look of those knee high socks with those gold strappy heels. If only I could carry the knee-high sock look.


This outfit is so nice and soft. It blends and flows.


Ignore the silhouette/see-through outfit. Although I'm not too sure about it but focus on the cape.


Lucky last. I want this dress!!My most desired dress out of the Vivienne Westwood Collection. Oh, please let it be MIINNNE! ... *wishful thinking* =.="

I believe I have gotten quite carried away, loading so many photos and commenting on every outfit (which I've never done before) but how can I resist Vivienne Westwood's allure?


cotton candy = l♥ve

Labels: , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson