snow white in the woods [part i]
9:51 AM
Saturday, October 20, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"train wreck" {eng}
elliot yamin


The story starts with:
Once upon a time on a Wednseday morning. . .

Wednesday had been a day full of bats, plants, flowers, laughter, lame jokes, tired feet and plenty of photo-ops (as I had promised) at the Royal Botanic gardens!! So the day had started off with a 9:00am lecture and an hour later, my four friends and I darted off to the Redfern train station to head off to the Royal Botanic Gardens to attend an excursion for one of our unit of studies: LIVING SYSTEMS. This time, instead of dissecting a rat in a laboratory like last week (lol!! It sounds disgusting but it was amazing to sort through its bloody guts and intestines...^.~), it was to be a day of observing and studying plants but this excursion turned out to be observing and mucking around for alas, nothing went through into my head but a few random facts here and there . . . kekeke! =p

It seems to be that whenever my friends and I attend a uni excursion, we will always somehow get lost going there...lol! Yes, indeed - I think I should buy a GPS. ^^ Now, I've wondered into the Royal Botanic Gardens many, many times but to go to a specific place located in the garden is like searching your way through a labyrinth. ><" We found ourselves being greeted by this huge glass pyramid and let me tell you, the feeling that I got was very weird. I'm not sure how to describe it. Do you guys know that sudden climax music that movies put on whenever a crew/individual suddenly comes across something that they've been searching for so long, something so amazing and yet, something so dangerous and intimidating?? It was a thumping, exciting and scary feeling. A sudden overwhelming feeling. (o'.'o) My mouth had gaped open - "open wide, let a fly come inside . . . " hahaha!! eww!! xD


But nevermind, we eventually found the way to the meeting place: the fernary!!

And so the excursion started. . . with the five of us being 10minutes late but it was all good. ^-^

And so, the next stop was the fig tree. I always remember the most random and queer facts and often, the most irrelevant. However, this random fact may be relevant to you - kekeke. Did you know that a fig's crunchiness is due to insects' exoskeletons?? So, basically, when you eat figs, you're eating the exoskeletons of insects (which I think may explain the bitter part of figs). hahaha!! After our tutor Matt told us that, he snapped a fig off the tree and just ate it. Ahh...I bet it must have tasted delicious. kekeke. =p



We zoomed past so many different types of vegetation and oh how my legs were sore then and there! I complain and whinge easily (sssh ^.~) especially when it comes to any sort of exercise. And climbing up and down hills is one of them. lol! Faaiza, Quinn and Susan were laughing at me because a few weeks ago, I had tried to persuade them to use a different route in uni so that we didn't have to climb a 1 metre hill (that takes aproximately 5 steps to do =p) because climbing is so painful. lol!! And there I was, climbing everywhere at the Royal Botanic Gardens. Aye yi yi. =.=" Indeed, I am a horrible lazy girl. hahaha!! But I really enjoyed the excursion nonetheless.







In the midst of the excursion, we found ourselves swamped with bats. Okay, not swamped. But covered with bats. Okay, not covered - that's not a proper description...I think. (o'.'o) There were bats sleeping and/or dangling an/or flying everywhere, from one branch to another; from tree to tree, high above our heads. Oh! Lol!! I was such a silly girl for being so afraid. One, I was afraid of them attacking me because I happen to attract bees (so I assume I smell sweet all the time - hahahaha!! ^.~) and two, I was afraid of them pooping on my head. And I wasn't the only one who was afraid of bat poop. hahaha! Most of us had our paper/notes held above our heads. Oh, such a funny sight. =p And the funny thing was, if you had filmed us at the garden, added a few eerie music/sounds - we would of made a great modern horror film. Lol!






LOL. =P
And so...
...
....
.....
To be continued. . .

Labels: , , , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson