bad habit
8:22 PM
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
The jukebox plays my song:
"savannah woman" {kpop}
wheesung ft. verbal jint


Before I start my entry, I warn you - my mind is still a bit ... funny??

lol. xD

Oh forgive me for the lack of posts for the past few days. Indeed, I apologise for the short hiatus. Let's say it was all due to the art of procrastination... lol. xD Things haven't been going too great with the overload of uni work - assessments and exams. Urgh. ><" They are such revolting things and I guess it explains why I try to stay as far away from them as possible and consequently, this also explains my cravings for late night snacks, my rapid increase in diameter, runny red nose from sniffing (unconsciously) ancient textbooks on theorists (such as Piaget and Freud) and deep black eye bags from staring at the computer screen too long... =.="


As you can see , I was going through a sugar coma during the whole week and last night was no exception. ..

i ate ice cream and then i ate . . .




and then i ate . . .





and then i drank this whole bottle of chicken essence regardless of the taste because you don't want your mum's love to go to waste. I had felt horribly guilty for leaving mum so anxious about my health, especially for her having woken up at 2:50am in the morning!! Of course I told her to go back to sleep again. ^^ love you marmee!!

And then I ate . ..


... ice cream again. As everyone knows, desert is always saved to last. =p

Ah yes, procrastination. What an awful thing it is. Lol!! Yes, it is dreadful.

According to University of Sydney, procrastination, or avoiding doing a task, occurs among many students and has been shown to cause significant problems for more than 60% of students in any given semester!

Occasional or mild procrastination is normal. But for some students, procrastination becomes a chronic habit. And for me, it is definitely a bad habit.

And so you'll wonder, what makes me a chronic procrastinator? (o'.'o) Well, my uni says I am one because I:

So if you've replied "me too" to those points above, I would like to give you a big hug ^^ because oh dearest me, I know what pain; torture; anxiety and stress you've been through!! *sighs* >.<" Oh dearest me. I feel so inadequate.

Now, I had happened to pass by one of these pamphlets that offer procrastination counseling services and ah yes, there I was, pondering over whether I should try to attend a course. My dear friend Susan offered to accompany me if I wished to do so but lol, Susan is one of those students who you'll always find prepared and ready to go. She's just one of those students whom I admire so much. And as for me, lol! Yeah right. ^.~ Indeed, I am a bad influence upon my friend/s. kekeke. You know I love you guys. ^^ I can't help it, I get distracted so easily and when you've been reading too much psychology and biology books (as I have been of late) - your brain just tends to tell you that you are an idiot because you can't even help yourself and yet here you are, trying to analyse other people's minds and bodies... =.=" Bleh. kekeke!!

However, I have learnt something very significant from the pamphlet...

[quote]

There are 3 types of procrastination:
  1. Basic procrastination: such as watching hours of television, even though there is nothing on, spending excessive time checking emails or on ebay and facebook.
  2. Productive procrastination: this includes works that makes you feel that you have achieved something, even if it is not at all related to uni, such as cleaning hte fridge. You do not feel that you can leave the house ("I am supposed to be studying") however you're not actually getting any work done at all.
  3. Advanced procrastination: work that seems related to the task but is not aactually assisting you get the task itself done. For example, spending hours in the library looking for the "perfect reference" or searching for every article written on the topic.
[/quote]

Alas, I happen to be in between "Basic procrastination" and "Productive procrastination." Which one are you??

I feel that I must preach for I definitely do not wish you to undergo the horrible experiences I have had thanks to procrastination.

Once you have identified when you are procrastinating you need to look at your task approach and how you manage thoughts and feelings about study.

[quote]

Time and task management:
[/quote]

Um. I try, oh gosh, I do try because I just get distracted easily... (o'.'o) Oh what to do, what to do??.... I know I should change this bad habit of mine. But bad habits die old...No, that's just an excuse! I promise that I will try harder! *pumps fist* GO SABRINA - GO GO GO!! =D
Meanwhile, right now it's all good because I have finally managed to get rid (finish) four assignments and one exam! Now, 4 more exams to go and one huge assignment (worth 75% - isn't that crazy??) to go.
Ah yes, clearly I am still stressing and my head is still spinning with assessments, word limits, criterias and so forth. =p




...

Meanwhile, I apologise for my lack of photos lately. Life has been so busy but I promise you there will be more photos coming up soon! I promise, I promise! =D

In addition, for those who are in the southern hemisphere, don't forget to drink plenty of water and don't forget to slip slop slap in this hot, stuffy weather. And those in the northern hemisphere, please stay warm and be happy although the weather may seem to be miserable. ^^

Labels: , ,


FEMME

cotton-candy. student. daughter. sister. bopper. lover. giggler. lazy. hopeless romantic. dreamer. vulnerable. gullible. perfectionist. INSPIRED.

A PEEK INTO HER WORLD...NOW

a girl who loves. a girl who dreams. a girl whose dreams do not define her...yet. until that day, she'll continue to dream here...


ALL THAT GLAMOUR IN HER EYES


music/ lounging around/ fashion/ the saxophone/ mr.darcy/ giggling&laughing/ hot chinese tea/ THE 1940s/ candles/ photography/ designer handbags/ dreaming/ interior designing/ the acoustic guitar/ avocado milkshakes/ swooning/ earrings/ vintage/ my christian dior 'old skool' sunnies/ happy endings/ oriental teapots/ romantic comedies/ musicals/ antiques with a victorian or ancient china feel/ baroque chairs in gold and plush velvet/ money/ edwardian sofas/ lipgloss/ lemon tea/ oh- so- beautiful dresses/ travelling/ graphic designing/ singing in the shower/

DIRTY DANCING TO THE JUNGLE BEAT


A SERIES OF PINK CRUSHES

[10 MOST RECENT POSTS]

S2VL

WHIMSICAL DELIGHTS © 2007
s.whimsicaldelights.gmail.com

FRIVOLOUS INSPIRATIONS

she wears

the private world

out & about

mr.man

makes my tummy rumble

flirtatious mind

they wear

films/dramas

i am the paparazzi

anime/manga

driving

all things chinese

inspired

all things jap

gardening flowers

music

street fashion

uni

champagne high

colour me in


ALL THAT JAZZ

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Flux Directory

web stats

View My Stats

Add to Technorati Favorites

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

MY SIMPLE FAVOURITE

"Nonsense and beauty have close connections."

— E. M. Forster

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

— Audrey Hepburn

"What is life but a series of inspired follies?"

— George Bernard Shaw

"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence. But of those of us who have already taken possession of our future."

— Coco Chanel

"People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence"

— Karl Lagerfeld

THANK YOU

LAND OF MAKE (&) BELIEVE

Google

PICTURE PERFECT

Photo: Foto Decadent

Textures: Carton
Squid Fingers

Brushes: Romance Box
Funeral Monster

Designer: Provocative

Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson